Monday, February 21, 2011

Silicone Yorkshire Pudding Tray

Stand by me.

We are sitting at the bar like almost every afternoon. Before you there are your latte, your glass of sparkling water and your Chesterfield light. We talk as we usually do always talk about everything. We tell what we want for the future and how some of them where we will end in ten years. Next to us was always the friends of those who envy us because they know that the bond that unites us will never be like that which unites us to them.

We are at university, sitting on the wall of the classroom study. In one hand you have a coffee machine and the other a Lucky Strike. We talk about the future has finally arrived. Let's talk about you, you're going to move and all weekend I'll spend with you in Bologna. We are confident that nothing will ever change, we will always be us. You and I, and our Frank. We are happy that the future is not how we wanted but better than what we could hope for.

We're sitting on the back of a grave in any cemetery. Our class gathers around the coffin of our friend Frank. We decide not to go to give her a final farewell, there are things they do for us. Then we look and we shake hands. We show the whole world and we carry an inhuman courage in front of that pile of earth which imprisons the lifeless body of one who was always beside us. I understand that's when something is broken, even among us.

We're sitting on the couch in your new home. In your hands a cup of coffee and a Marlboro Light. In your lips words I never thought to hear. Words that should sink like stones in my stomach, but that amaze me so much that silence me. Words that make me understand that you went over, in places of the mind where I'm not there. You are in a life of which I am one and I can not leaning blame.

Goodbye my friend. We have been you and me for many years, but it is time to abandon the idea that you and I accept what you have become. You experience, you become great. You have suffered alone and you fall to rise again stronger than before. Goodbye my friend. You are someone I knew but I do not recognize anymore, and I'm not saying just because you learned how to disagree in a fierce. I say this because you've changed in a year and have found out who you really are. There will always be for me, I know me and you have shown in these two days, but my friend is gone forever. One evening in October was taken away One of our, and that night I'm sure that you have taken away a little 'you and me. Although I can hardly look into your eyes without wondering if this is really you that I see, goodbye my friend, nothing will ever be the same again. Fortunately or unfortunately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment