Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lohri Invitationsin English

Bookswap. When the chance could make a difference.

How many times have you loaned a book to a friend, maybe not see him again? How many times have you hoped to see arise in the other's curiosity to finish a story? How many times have you stolen hours at other activities to finish those pages give yourself absolutely to someone? Basically the Bookswap I attended Sunday should give answers to these rhetorical questions. Strangers who meet and support a book on a table, as they were leaving an hour or two of their lives hoping for someone to take stock. My experience was slightly disappointing, it was not for nothing but it was poorly advertised and an event that people who participated had the courage to leave in exchange Moccia books and manuals for the recovery of debts. You're doing it wrong. Yet come back tomorrow and let the books themselves, perhaps no one. I have yet to read the ones I got but at least the satisfaction of see my disappear in ten minutes I had it. Knowing that someone had the courage to take "Dedalus of James Joyce and" The Hours "by Michael Cunningham, for me is worth a thousand times the books I got in return. Should also be the worst thing that I can read in my life, I know that somewhere in this city, someone will have the same pleasure that I had in my time reading those books. Maybe the same emotion, maybe finish them in the same breath. We look for the next year by promising to personally make publicity for an event that could really be an event.

0 comments:

Post a Comment